I'm posting this blog with the following suggestions in the hopes of creating a new buzz and inspiring me to get off my ass and hit the streets. I’m offering the following as suggestions on how you can help me promote the book. Some suggestions take little or no real time, while others take some serious effort. If you so desire, do what you can.
- If you have not already done so, join the book's Facebook fan page by clicking on Facebook window at bottom of blogs.
- Once becoming a fan, suggest The Accidental Teacher Fan Page to your FB friends by going to fan page and clicking on Suggest to Friends. This will allow you to either, take a shotgun approach and send suggestions to all your friends or to be more discreet and select only those you think might actually be interested in the book.
- Help increase interest on Fan Page by posting comments, relevant or not, starting new discussions, replying to posts, etc..
- Simply recommend the book to friends, educators and others. If you are a teacher, talk book up at school. I will be happy upon your request to send flyers you can post in teachers' lounges.
- If you belong to a book club, recommend the book to the group. If the group is in the Bay Area, I would be happy to come to a meeting to discuss the book.
- Write a review on Amazon.
- Host a signing/reading at your home or workplace. I will help with the planning. These readings have been successful and fun. The readings can be very simple affairs.
- Other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.